Wednesday, September 10, 2014

September, 2014

Teaming!

My teammates and I are now Skyping into each other's classrooms!
yes, I am teaching a lesson from the resource "Notice nd Note": Signposts. These are reading techniques authors put into their fictional texts, to draw the readers' attention.
Today I was able to teach the lesson while Jim's class Skyped in. They had the same text, marking it up s I and my class spoke to them and their students. Both classes enjoyed the experience.
We will be Skyping tomorrow, part 2 of the lesson.
When we bring in our teammate tomorrow into the experience.
We want to try Google Talk....if we cn get it going quickly, meaning tomorrow morning!

There are three things I want to look into, to enrich my teaching and the students' learning:

-Doctopus   and Google Class.
My Q is:
1.)What is the difference between the two? Is one better than the other?
2.) Flubaroo: I still need help using this pp to help with scoring of online assessments through Google forms.
3.) Voice to text features: Jim and I are trying to get this started .
Can anyone help?

Kelly

1 comment:

  1. Kelly,

    This is an awesome idea. I think we see Skype as something that has to happen outside of our buildings, but why not jump into each other's classrooms as well. I LOVE THIS!! I would love to hear more about how you made this work and the students could see what you were working on. You are officially the Skyping queen :)

    I am excited to learn more about Google Class as well. I have a feeling that Google Class might be more up our alley in elementary, but not having used either a lot I cannot say that for sure. I am happy to show you Flubaroo tomorrow as I LOVE IT!! I showed Jim how to set up some PARCC like passages and answers on my website. I will be grading all of that with Google Forms and Flubaroo so come see me tomorrow and I can help! As far as voice to text I don't know if any of them work terribly well on EEEs, I hope Chromebooks will be better when we get our hands on them!

    See you tomorrow :)

    Penny

    ReplyDelete